Here we go! My favorite 50 motivational Indian quotes.
1. All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.- Gauthama Buddha.
This quote by the great soul is what I believe in, I train about and I coach for. This remains my all-time favorite.
2. The tree laden with fruits always bends low. If you wish to be great, be lowly and meek.– Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
This quote is a teaching to all of us. We see living examples of people who grow humble with the growth they enjoy. This can also mean that by practicing meekness, we grow.
3. We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.–Swami Vivekananda
A parallel to the first quote, but from the thoughts of a great saint ever lived in this history of India.
4. Arise, Awake and Stop not until the goal is reached –Swami Vivekananda.
I think this is one of the most favorite quotes of Indians, which revolutionized the young minds of the past and the present.
5. You must be the change you want to see in the world — Mahatma Gandhi.
In context of development and inner motivation, we should change ourselves. The Father of Nation rightly said it.
6. Do not say, ‘It is morning,’ and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name. Rabindranath Tagore
A fresh thought from the great Indian poet also reminds me that every day is an opportunity. I can learn from it.
7. Failure comes only when we forget our ideals and objectives and principles. Jawaharlal Nehru
This quote from the former Indian Prime Minister always reminds that success comes with perseverance of ideals.
8. You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose. Indira Gandhi
For the busy lives we are living today and for the stress filled lives, this quote is a reminder to live vibrantly.
9. There is an important distinction between barriers to entry and barriers to imitation. C.K.Prahalad
There is always an obstacle, but being creative and innovative will break it. This is how I interpret this quote from the important management guru.
10. To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal. Abdul Kalam
Whenever I listen or read to this great Indian, I want to be a focused and striving man. Needless to say the reason why this quote is one of my favorites!
11. And that is the reason why this victory is great, because different players have made contributions to the win. Sachin Tendulkar
Who else can best explain team spirit and winning! Sachin truly rocks and so are his words after this victory.
12. Life is not a continuum of pleasant choices, but of inevitable problems that call for strength, determination, and hard work Anon.
Actually a proverb, this saying is my favorite because it gives the reality and invites for winning with the essentials.
13. God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them. – Author Unknown
14. Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model. Abdul Kalam
This is a very essential lesson to every one of us. This quote is a mix of motivation and at the same time it kindles interest to motivate others.
15. Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it. – Buddha
The quote invites us to think and ideate. I have always loved this quote for it gives the key to success
16. How you achieve results will shape the kind of person you become. – C.K.Prahalad
This quote from the great Indian Management guru helps us to understand that the process shapes us.
17. Winners don’t do different things, they do things differently – Shiv Khera
The trademark quote from Mr.Shiv Khera has motivated and is still motivating many Indian youths to think out of the box. Creativity and Innovation are the key strengths one should possess.
18. You have to dream before your dreams can come true – Abdul Kalam
This quote is my favorite by default, so it is for several of many Indians who strive to achieve
The following selected quotes from Mahatma Gandhi focuses on success by self-interest and discipline. I have already quoted the father of Nation, but these are selective in virtue of their generality. These quotes can be understood in different contexts, but I ask you, the readers to read them from the angle that keys in motivation for success.
19. Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
20. As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it.
21. Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
22. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
23. I want freedom for the full expression of my personality.
24. In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
25. Indolence is a delightful but distressing state; we must be doing something to be happy.
26. It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
27. One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds.
Let us go centuries back to what the great Gauthama Buddha had told. The following quotes are self-explanatory. They reflect many of the contemporary necessities for the human success. My concepts of thought process re-engineering and Neuro Linguistic program, derives energy from the words of the great souls like him.
28. All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
29. All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
30. An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
31. Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
32. Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.
33. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
34. Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
35. I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
36. I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.
37. Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
The following quotes are select ones of Swami Vivekananda focusing on how one’s inner-self can help them define their own success.
38. All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
39. Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
40. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
41. You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
42. Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin; to say that you are weak, or others are weak.
43. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
The following are the select quotes of Bharat Ratna Abdul Kalam these quotes transcends down very deep into the soul and is related to personal attributes.
44. As a child of God, I am greater than anything that can happen to me.
45. Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.
46. Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.
47. Do we not realize that self respect comes with self reliance?
48. God, our Creator, has stored within our minds and personalities, great potential strength and ability. Prayer helps us tap and develop these powers.
49. Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.
While I was trying to compile all these motivational quotes for you, I found how rich this country is, in terms of thoughts and the depth in the process. I am glad that I was able to give you this compilation. If we read these, one for each day, I am sure we’ll be able to get motivated by the thoughts and at the same time, have greater clarity in the life processes.
I want to end my compilation with this amazing quote from Buddha.
50. However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?
So I urge you readers to, not just read the quotes, but try living with any one value that any of these quotes has rubbed on you.